Thesis on Oxidative Stress and "arteriosclerosis"
- Development Story
- About Oxidative stress
- About alcohol metabolism
- Basics of Antioxidant Research
- The relationship between reactive oxygen species (ROS) and disease
- Thesis on relevance between oxidative stress and disease
- Paper title
- Relações patofisiológicas entre estresse oxidativo e arteriosclerose
- Abstract summary
- Oxidative stress is the result of an imbalance between oxidant and antioxidant species.
- Danielle Costa Ribeiro e Silva, Giselle Cerchiaro, K. M. Honório
- Semantic Scholar URL
Oxidative stress is the result of an imbalance between oxidant and antioxidant species, with predominance of oxidative species with harmful action of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and reactive nitrogen species (RNS) on cells. Changes in the levels of nitric oxide (NO•) can be the cause and/ or a result of various pathophysiological processes. The main objective of this review is to address the relationship between oxidative stress and atherosclerosis in order to better understand the main features of this disease.